February 12, 2007, 06:11:08 PM
News: Welcome to Side X Side Action's Forum!
  Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Best Upgrades  (Read 924 times)
SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
Best Upgrades
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:47:16 AM »

If you think back on all of your upgrades you've made to your rhino, i know it's hard to think of all of them but try. What do you think the best product you've bought has been and why?

I don't think there is one single item i can think of that has made the most improvement. I just wanted to know what you guys think are some of the best upgrades you've made and what has made them so fantastic.
sumo
Novice

View Profile
Re: Best Upgrades
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 07:10:15 PM »

Best up grade at this point and time would be the 686 kit that we installed.  Went hill climbing this past weekend in some local sand pit and was highly impressed of the HP.  Need to get ride of the 589's and get some lighter tires. But son of a gun half way up the hill was a tree branch was in the way and had to slow down to get around and then stuck my foot in it again and there went the rooster tails. Was great!!! Grin My boss even drove it and will be getting a rhino and big bore kit also.  This upgrade was the best this I could have at this point.

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 01:45:45 PM »

Cody,

Like I had mentioned in the same question under general stuff, it's the fog lights bro!  Nothin' like lighten up everything for miles around.  Even had a sand rail stop on a trail and back up to let me thru.  I think he thought I was a big truck with the lights mounted on my roof!  Seemed to be a little upset when I passed him! Smiley

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'05 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
'00 Glastron SX170 Ski Boat
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 06:04:20 AM »

This is actually about the worst upgrade I've done so far.  I took the spark arrestor out thinking it would free up the flow a little and give just a few more horsepower.  It didn't!  It actually hurt the performance in the low to midrange area and also seemed to hurt the upper end performance as well!  Guess ya don't mess with the exhaust unless ya mess with the air intake as well.  So if ya have a stock Rhino just a bit of info. for ya!

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
Southbayrhino22
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 03:41:33 AM »

Outlaw did you remove the whole tip  or cut off spark arrestor and put the reducer end back on. if you take off the end and leave it open it loses backpressure and bottom end and it gets way loud. Use a grinder to remove the screen type spark arrestor.
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 01:01:24 PM »

After racing over in NM this month, I've found out that most racing associations require a spark arrestor.  So I guess I'll just buy one of the aftermarket tips with a spark arrestor still in it.  Oh well.... Sad

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
Southbayrhino22
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »

Leg minders for safety or doors mine saved me twice now. CDI   and sheave   for performance. offset wheels for stability. This is all you really need unless you plan on racing.
stoker
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:11 PM »

I'd have to say the tilt steering column, adjusts to a comfortable driving position no matter what the terrain or length of the ride.....oh and more room between my stomach and the wheel! laugh
RhinoRick
Novice

WWW.IDAHOATV.NET

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »

http://www.longacreracing.com/catalog/item.asp?id=601&catid=21
that mirror is nice when I'm putting with the kids on there quads or jeff's cage to pack the kids.  More power is what I really want but low on cash.
SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 01:14:01 AM »

Are you looking for more power, torque or speed? 

Or the trifecta?  Smiley
RhinoRick
Novice

WWW.IDAHOATV.NET

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 11:36:41 AM »

sand and dirt hill's where I want more. did a slip on big gun K&n cdi not a big enouff gain .
  Pages: [1]
Print

'; // And this is the replacement for the subject. var smf_template_subject_edit = ''; // Restore the message to this after editing. var smf_template_body_normal = '%body%'; var smf_template_subject_normal = '%subject%'; var smf_template_top_subject = "Topic: %subject%  (Read 924 times)" if (window.XMLHttpRequest) showModifyButtons(); // ]]>
Jump to: