February 12, 2007, 08:13:37 PM
News: Welcome to Side X Side Action's Forum!
  Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Worcs Race  (Read 451 times)
SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
Worcs Race
« on: April 20, 2006, 02:00:49 PM »

There is a worcs race this weekend in Victorville.   

We will be there covering the event, so if you see us, stop by and say hi!

For more info visit:

http://www.worcsracing.com/
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
Re: Worcs Race
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 11:39:53 AM »

would love to start racing but I think I would like to see a stock class with all item from the factory only.

SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 01:06:20 PM »

Some of these short course events are pretty much stock UTVS going out there and tearin' it up!

The only problem i see with that is safety.
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »

well that all depends on the drivers and there ability's. I think in order to do a race they should have a trial course to see if a driver has the reflexes to respond safely.   I know the motorcross track here when someone says they want to race pro class they have to qualify in order to race in that class, due to the higher speeds of the pros and the higher longer jumping ability's also.

ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 04:10:16 PM »

Quote from: SidexSide_editor on May 16, 2006, 01:06:20 PM
Some of these short course events are pretty much stock UTVS going out there and tearin' it up!

The only problem i see with that is safety.
maybe if they set it up with rops system and 5 point as a must have to enter

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 01:42:02 PM »

Once again, a late post on an old topic.  But I agree with Ramsfan, a stock class should be introduced.  I was very seriously looking at racing my Rhino next year, but after reading all of the requirements and modifications to the vehicle....there's no way!  I used to race roundy round dirt tracks in the early 90's with regular cars.  The class I raced in was called the "Road Hog" class.  Basically, the car had to be stock .  The only exception was The front and rear windows had to be knocked out.  No one got seriously injured and it gave the poor boys a chance to have some fun!  I also drag raced here in El Paso up until 1999.  Once again, they had a street class that had very very few requirements of the class.

But reading the requirements to race SXS anywhere requires a total modification of just about everything.  Seats, seat belts, gas tanks, side bars, front bars, radiator, etc...  Shoot, once you do all of that, you don't even have a normal SXS.

Here's an idea.  Throw some quarter door panels on, buy a DOT approved helmet, tune it up and let's GET'R'DONE!!!

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'05 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
'00 Glastron SX170 Ski Boat
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2006, 12:18:16 AM »

exactly what I feel they have amature classes for the atvs so why not sxs units

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2006, 06:41:47 AM »

I'm working with one of the local Yamaha dealerships right now to try and get some kind of SXS race event going here at Red Sands.  Nothing big (for now), just something for the locals to be able to have fun with in the STOCK side by sides!

We can call it the "Redneck, Hillbilly, Ozark, Appalachian, poor boy run"!  With the motto of "For those who don't wanna blow $50k to race a golf-cart!"

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
SpyderRail
Novice

Lookout, Madman at the wheel

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 02:34:38 AM »

WORCS has divided the Rhino class for 07.
Stock which is stock, except for 4-5 pionts. last year they let a few race without them but I dont think they will for 07.  I know Sean also would like to see legminders but he isnt requireing them yet.
And Modified class, wich should have some pretty trick stuff running next year.

TeamMoney$hot #1
2006 WORCS Rhino National Champion
Lonestar Racing, Elka Suspension, Fuel Safe Fuel Cells, S&S Motorsports, Maier Plastic

www.pittraffic.com
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 07:38:26 AM »

When you say stock, are they talking about EVERYTHING?  Like Rims and tires for example?  I know that's kind of petty, but when I raced cars on the oval, when they said stock they meant everything!!!! Smiley

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 10:41:15 AM »

Quote from: SpyderRail on November 13, 2006, 02:34:38 AM
WORCS has divided the Rhino class for 07.
Stock which is stock, except for 4-5 pionts. last year they let a few race without them but I dont think they will for 07.  I know Sean also would like to see legminders but he isnt requireing them yet.
And Modified class, wich should have some pretty trick stuff running next year.

why be a rhino class or ranger calss?? whjy niot be a side by side stock class it seems that they are putting them in seperate classes which excludes other sxs units.

SpyderRail
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 01:16:04 PM »

From what I know about the how the classes were started and which ones are going to continue.
They started with a Rhino independent suspension (for rhinos ) and a Rhino solid axle class to cover the mules.
when the classes were started the rangers wernt out yet. I know one raced at pismo and I am not sure what class it was in.  I am sure if someone was to show up and want to race they would be allowed to just what class would be the Huh

As far as stock. Right now there are no hard rules posted about stock.  Sean Reddish (the owner/promoter of WORCS) and I have had a few discussions about this. I know for the ATV stock class there are some really strict rules about stock.
I think you can change tires wheels and handle bars. As far as Rhinos I think it will be a police ourselves thing for a while till Sean figures out what rules to write.  My personal opinion is that tires and wheels would be ok. Any thing to enhance performance would not be. Any engine Exhaust or Suspension would put you in the Mod class.

TeamMoney$hot #1
Lonestar Racing, Elka Suspension, Fuel Safe Fuel Cells, S&S Motorsports, Maier Plastic

www.pittraffic.com
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 02:18:40 PM »

but you also have those who change the clutch springs for the bigger tires to be the same as stock

SpyderRail
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 04:21:42 PM »

Quote from: ramsfan on November 13, 2006, 02:18:40 PM
but you also have those who change the clutch springs for the bigger tires to be the same as stock
Again just my opinion but if you have changed the clutch springs you have modified the performance therefore should be MOD class. 

You have a larger diameter tire therefore more top speed.
Just changing the springs wont put you back to stock performance or speed.
I think the really big question for stock will be CDI boxes.  I know of one guy who is really happy to see a stock class as his Rhino is 100% stock, right down to the tire/wheels.
should he have to compete against a guy with a CDI and larger tires? Not in my opinion it Payette I would not have beat him without the CDI box, I got stuck on the hill and he didnt. Yes, I outdrove him to win but ther is no way I would have caught him without the additional speed.

TeamMoney$hot #1

www.pittraffic.com
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 05:28:29 PM »

Well, I'm figuring, jetting for altitude, bigger tires if wanted, leg minders, 5-point seat harness and a helmet.  That should be just about it.  Whatever mods up to a aftermarket CDI should pretty much be ok.  Once ya hit 40-42mph thats when the driving comes into play!

Wink

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
  Pages: [1] 2
Print

'; // And this is the replacement for the subject. var smf_template_subject_edit = ''; // Restore the message to this after editing. var smf_template_body_normal = '%body%'; var smf_template_subject_normal = '%subject%'; var smf_template_top_subject = "Topic: %subject%  (Read 451 times)" if (window.XMLHttpRequest) showModifyButtons(); // ]]>
Jump to: