February 12, 2007, 05:36:46 AM
News: Welcome to Side X Side Action's Forum!
  Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Optima batteries  (Read 67 times)
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
Optima batteries
« on: January 27, 2007, 12:45:29 PM »

who uses what ? I am wondering as I need one for my Ride and need something that is able to run HID lights and winch plus other accessories plus the normal battery stuff.

Basicly what are my best options as far as

1. red top
2. yellow top
3. blue top

and also what type/ size

1. 34/78 dual terminal
2. 75/25 dual terminal
3. 34 top post
4. 35 reverse terminal
5. 34 deep cycle
6. 31 deep cycle

there are a few others but I really need what is the best all aroun battery especially for riding the real ruff trails and haveing plenty of power to run a winch and lights as needed

any help will be appritiated

Thanks,
Scott

The Machine
Novice

View Profile WWW
Re: Optima batteries
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 01:10:44 AM »

Optima Blue Top batteries are marine batteries.  Red and yellow top are automotive batteries.  Red are starter batteries and the yellow top are Dual Purpose (Starting and Deep Cycle) .  Here's a link: http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive.html

You want a yellow top.  Here is what the Optima web site says about the yellow top:

The OPTIMA Yellow Top

Demand more from your vehicle? Then get more from your battery. OPTIMA Yellow Top batteries are made for the extremes. If you have an extreme vehicle, you expect high performance. Whether your vehicle is made to take the abuse of off-road driving or cranking out decibels, you need more from your battery. OPTIMA batteries with patented SPIRALCELL® Technology deliver that performance. The deep cycle characteristic of this technology coupled with its extreme resistance to vibration provides performance vehicles with the repetitive power they need in a spill-proof package.

If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like running lights, high-performance stereo/AV system, winches, or hydraulics, your vehicle demands more from its battery. OPTIMA Yellow TOP batteries provide the extra performance and deep cycling capability that your vehicle demands.

Here is the Yellow Top link:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive/deep_cycle.html

SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 02:32:53 PM »

Quote from: The Machine on January 29, 2007, 01:10:44 AM
Optima Blue Top batteries are marine batteries.  Red and yellow top are automotive batteries.  Red are starter batteries and the yellow top are Dual Purpose (Starting and Deep Cycle) .  Here's a link: http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive.html

You want a yellow top.  Here is what the Optima web site says about the yellow top:

The OPTIMA Yellow Top

Demand more from your vehicle? Then get more from your battery. OPTIMA Yellow Top batteries are made for the extremes. If you have an extreme vehicle, you expect high performance. Whether your vehicle is made to take the abuse of off-road driving or cranking out decibels, you need more from your battery. OPTIMA batteries with patented SPIRALCELL® Technology deliver that performance. The deep cycle characteristic of this technology coupled with its extreme resistance to vibration provides performance vehicles with the repetitive power they need in a spill-proof package.

If your vehicle has a lot of accessories like running lights, high-performance stereo/AV system, winches, or hydraulics, your vehicle demands more from its battery. OPTIMA Yellow TOP batteries provide the extra performance and deep cycling capability that your vehicle demands.

Here is the Yellow Top link:
http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive/deep_cycle.html

Ya beat me to it. Yes in fact you do want a yellow top optima since the Rhino does not take a major amount of cranking power. We run the Yellow tops in buggies and they work great. I just installed an EFX battery into my rhino which is pretty much the same as the Odyssy battery.

Pages: [1]
Print

'; // And this is the replacement for the subject. var smf_template_subject_edit = ''; // Restore the message to this after editing. var smf_template_body_normal = '%body%'; var smf_template_subject_normal = '%subject%'; var smf_template_top_subject = "Topic: %subject%  (Read 67 times)" if (window.XMLHttpRequest) showModifyButtons(); // ]]>
Jump to: