February 12, 2007, 06:10:55 PM
News: Welcome to Side X Side Action's Forum!
  Pages: [1] 2
Print
Author Topic: Whats the better UTV for Desert racing and Glamis?  (Read 217 times)
aviwraps
Novice

View Profile WWW
Whats the better UTV for Desert racing and Glamis?
« on: December 16, 2006, 11:50:29 PM »

Were looking to race the WORKS RACE SERIES this 07 year. But with he different types of UTV's we don't know where to start.
Yea RHINO so far is the shit but I hear alot about the Artic Cat and the 700 ranger.
I just want to start out right.Thanks
Rick
AVI Graphics
crazyjohnny
Novice

View Profile
Re: Whats the better UTV for Desert racing and Glamis?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 02:20:25 PM »

Rhino - no comparison, that will when your desert races for sure. way more aftermarket support than anyother companies
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 03:09:11 PM »

come on johnny thats just crazy Wink I would talk to dragon fire racing and ask them about the Polaris Ranger they did. They make alot of rhinos but have said the Ranger is the fastest sxs they have rode in. Plus Polaris is supposed to be releasing a new spotier version in the next month or so. So you might want to wait and see what there is coming in the next few months.

Oh also the Ranger in its first race took 4th with the entire rest of the field being rhinos (16) of them

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 07:39:46 AM »

But c'mon Rams, ya gotta admit, as stock UTVs, the Rhino will take just a little more of a beating than the Ranger.  And the previous post is pretty much right on target when it said after market parts were more readily available than Rangers.  Now I'm not taking anything away from Rangers, they are a little faster on the top end.  But after racing that desert endurance race, there wasn't a whole lotta places to get up to top end.  The power was mostly needed from 0-25mph.

And I think we might all need to load up an come to your place to "talk" to that mechanic of yours!  Grin

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'05 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
'00 Glastron SX170 Ski Boat
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 11:50:25 AM »

I agree on the mechanic thing and unfortunately due to me being in the boonies I have to go there or drive 3-6 hours to get to a different area. but as for the Rangers holding up Mine is a 2001 and has tons of hours on it and I can say that almost all are ruff, fast, and not your typical driving and it has done just fine until I got a little side ways and one tire hit before all the rest straight down with the front tires high in the air, so all the 1200+ pounds came down all at once. as far as a little more of a beating I don't know I have seen many post from rhino owners saying otherwise Wink

SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 01:01:20 PM »

You're going to be hard pressed to find aftermarket parts for racing a Prowler or Ranger.  I like all three of them (ranger, prowler,rhino) but if you're looking for a sporty machine, the rhino is the one  you're looking for.

If you hold out for a couple months i think you're going to have a couple more options, in the sporty division.  Just FYI>

Cody
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 03:37:29 PM »

Did ya hear that Rams?  Told ya so!  Wink

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 06:37:54 PM »

Quote from: Outlaw Baird on December 18, 2006, 03:37:29 PM

now heare we go. just because Polaris hasnt had the backing like Yamaha doesnt mean anything when it comes to the quality of the Ranger. heck on another forum they are questioning the ability of thr rhino handleing a 350 pound passenger and it might tip. I can tell you that has never been the issue with a ranger LOL. and I can guarantee that had I not of got stupid with mine I would put it(2001) up against any rhino on the trails. maybe on the dunes the older rangers didnt do so well but I can say that the 07 did great and had no problem running 35 with more peddle available and that was across soft sand of Waynoka, and running stock tires in 2 wheel drive also. I could have went much more but it was not my ride I was test driving it and felt I could have done 40-46 on the dunes had I of wanted to (Stock)

I know you are giving me a hard time and I dont mind just be careful because this ranger rider BITES Wink Cheesy

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 06:41:39 AM »

MUFASA......oooh say it again, say it again!  laugh  Just wouldn't be the same if we couldn't rib ya just a little bit Rams. 

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 01:28:34 PM »

Quote from: Outlaw Baird on December 19, 2006, 06:41:39 AM
MUFASA......oooh say it again, say it again!  laugh  Just wouldn't be the same if we couldn't rib ya just a little bit Rams. 

I know and thats why I fire back LOL are you going to Moab

Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 12:50:32 PM »

Dunno yet.  I signed all the paperwork for my ranch last week.  It all depends on the horses, money and of course Uncle Sams plans.  Is your Ranger going to be ready to roll?

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ramsfan
Extreme

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 12:52:05 PM »

it better be, or I will be forced to buy a new 07  Grin

RhinoRick
Novice

WWW.IDAHOATV.NET

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 07:37:16 PM »

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j237/hansshanks/100_4836.jpg[/img]

some pic of my friends ridgerunner it did great in the works race when payette Idaho he got first by over half a lap
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 07:40:49 PM by RhinoRick » Logged
RhinoRick
Novice

WWW.IDAHOATV.NET

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2006, 07:42:54 PM »

SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2006, 10:34:17 PM »

Quote from: ramsfan on December 18, 2006, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: Outlaw Baird on December 18, 2006, 03:37:29 PM

now heare we go. just because Polaris hasnt had the backing like Yamaha doesnt mean anything when it comes to the quality of the Ranger. heck on another forum they are questioning the ability of thr rhino handleing a 350 pound passenger and it might tip. I can tell you that has never been the issue with a ranger LOL. and I can guarantee that had I not of got stupid with mine I would put it(2001) up against any rhino on the trails. maybe on the dunes the older rangers didnt do so well but I can say that the 07 did great and had no problem running 35 with more peddle available and that was across soft sand of Waynoka, and running stock tires in 2 wheel drive also. I could have went much more but it was not my ride I was test driving it and felt I could have done 40-46 on the dunes had I of wanted to (Stock)

I know you are giving me a hard time and I dont mind just be careful because this ranger rider BITES Wink Cheesy

Just picked up a Ranger from Polaris, we're gonna see what type of goodies we can dig up.
  Pages: [1] 2
Print

'; // And this is the replacement for the subject. var smf_template_subject_edit = ''; // Restore the message to this after editing. var smf_template_body_normal = '%body%'; var smf_template_subject_normal = '%subject%'; var smf_template_top_subject = "Topic: %subject%  (Read 217 times)" if (window.XMLHttpRequest) showModifyButtons(); // ]]>
Jump to: