February 11, 2007, 09:44:01 PM
News: Welcome to Side X Side Action's Forum!
  Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: ezgo  (Read 310 times)
ezgo
Novice

View Profile
ezgo
« on: November 29, 2006, 01:05:58 PM »

does anyone know anything about the st 4x4 from ezgo.
SidexSide_editor
Administrator
Hard Core

View Profile
Re: ezgo
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:14:22 PM »

I saw EZ go's sporty utility vehicle at a local dealer, it looked pretty nice. Still trying to get ahold of them to do a test drive though.

ezgo
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 10:18:59 AM »

i have one, there bad in the woods, but i need more torque any suggestions. i have already killed the governor. top speed around 40mph now. i still has a problem with climbing steep hills without a run and go.
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 12:11:05 PM »

What size and type of engine/transmission does it have?

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'05 Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4X4 
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
'00 Glastron SX170 Ski Boat
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ezgo
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 10:57:56 AM »

it has a 614cc honda 18hp v twin engine with cvt belt trans. can the rhino spin tires when it takes off or is it kinda like a golf cart.
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 08:02:49 AM »

It will spin the stockers on a good day in the dirt or sand.  But when I put the 26" on there it wouldn't until I re-jetted it and put an RAIS Roostin Rhino intake tube on it.  Now it almost (in low gear) brings the front tire off the ground on pavement!

Have you re-jetted and improved the airflow to the engine yet?  This guy on another forum is a whiz at jetting for altitude and he helped me dial mine in for this area.  That made a great improvement. 0-40 mph in a half city block.

If it has a CVT tranny then you might want to think about re-sheaving it.  That would give you a little more on the top end, but you would probably lose some of the torque.

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
ezgo
Novice

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

can the honda engines be re-jetted and does that make that big of a diffrence. also on the clutch, is that when you dis-assemble it and put the bigger spring in the drive clutch. where can you get the stuff for the carb.
Outlaw Baird
Hard Core

"GET 'R Done"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 07:13:31 AM »

As long as the engine has a carb. and not fuel injection you can jet it all day long!  You can pick up a jet kit from your local Honda dealer or thru one of the many, many catalogs for motorcycles.  You just need to know which brand and size carb. you are running.

As for the springs and stuff on the tranny.  I was figuring most CVTs were alike and they use "sheaves" which are like sprockets and drive pulleys on normal tranny's.  (Simple terms 'cause I'm a simple man).  Another good website to go to for some serious tech advice is UtilityOffroad.com.  I've been going on there off and on and they talk about a variety of UTVs and they have some very smart guys and gals on there including a few engineers! 

I will do a little research on the tranny issue and get back with you.

'06 Rhino 660 4X4
'04 Roadstar Customized
'04 Hornet R/V Trailer
Empty Wallet!! Smiley
  Pages: [1]
Print

'; // And this is the replacement for the subject. var smf_template_subject_edit = ''; // Restore the message to this after editing. var smf_template_body_normal = '%body%'; var smf_template_subject_normal = '%subject%'; var smf_template_top_subject = "Topic: %subject%  (Read 310 times)" if (window.XMLHttpRequest) showModifyButtons(); // ]]>
Jump to: